Board

Beo5 dead, need new firmware

Diskutér Beo5 & Beo6 programering inkl. hjælp med mere

Beo5 dead, need new firmware

Indlægaf roggan » søn 27. mar 2016 17:28

Hi,

I recently bought a used Beo5 controller.
It worked just fine but I needed to change the zones and add more functions why I downloaded the 6.00 configuration tool. Before connecting the controller I checked the firmware and it was 1.23a. The serial and the latest online configuration was recognized when connecting. Without changing anything at all I loaded the online configuration and pressed the “Download configuration” button under the “finalize” tab.
It started to “serialize” and download the firmware. Here is where things got bad.
Halfway through firmware download it halted with a “An attached device does not respond” message.
Now my beo5 screen says “No valid configuration!” and does not respond to anything but turning off/on the device. Tried three different computers (Win7,WinXP) as this forum believe the Beo5 to be somewhat sensible with regards to USB connection. Not able to connect to the remote anymore. I can serialize the configuration but the firmware is not loaded. Claiming "no intermediate firmware available"

Is there a way to force/flash firmware onto the beo5?
I recon I will be able to configure the device once the firmware is loaded.

Please help.

Regards,
roggan
roggan
BeoSound 2
BeoSound 2

Re: Beo5 dead, need new firmware

Indlægaf roggan » søn 27. mar 2016 18:50

Not dead after all. (Have nothing to do with current holiday??)
found a solution!

Apparently the Configuration Tool 6.00 did not hold any Beo5 firmware. Installed one of the later “Beo5-only-config-tools”, the 3.57 version and was able to reload the last configuration, install firmware and upgrade firmware.
Back on track. Now into battery replacement and fine tuning (adding features) to the Beo5.

//roggan
roggan
BeoSound 2
BeoSound 2

Tilbage til Beo5, Beo6